REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
For Additional information visit: www.apco2016.org
- Education: Attendees can earn up to 16 CEUs from nine professional development tracks with more than 100 individual sessions focused on frontline telecommunicators, leadership development, comm center management, cutting edge issues, technology and more. Pre-conference APCO Institute courses offer more in-depth training.
- Networking: Four special events (extra fees may apply) with engaging speakers provide an opportunity to learn, laugh and participate in industry-building activities with other public safety communications attendees and exhibitors.
- Exhibits: More than 250 vendors, representing a wide range of public safety communications products and services, launch new products, provide equipment to test drive, and meet with attendees to discuss purchases or problems.
- Involvement: Attendees can attend PSAP tours, career advancement sessions, and healthy living seminars, as well as donate blood to a local blood bank. All attendees are invited to the general business sessions, and qualified APCO members can vote and attend committee meetings.
- Fun: Attendees can meet and mingle at the APCO Block Party or tour the city with special discounts to Orlando, FL, area attractions.
Volunteer for APCO International Conference 2016
FL APCO past presidents Debbie Gailbreath and Joann Brown are the conference committee co-chairs
MANY VOLUNTEERS WILL BE NEEDED AND WE WANT YOUR HELP!
Subcommittee chairpersons and volunteer descriptions:
Volunteer Services: Robin Schmidt
Assist with bag stuffing, crowd control at events, provide information to attendees, and proctor class sessions.
Local Flavor: Fran Self
Work with APCO staff to provide advice on event themes, decorations, family programs and entertainment to best represent the local community.
Communications Services: Ricky Rowell
Work with APCO staff to secure, install and coordinate communications systems, providing onsite radio management, battery replacement and other communications needs.
Logistics: Lynn Burnside
Assist conference co-chairs, other subcommittees, volunteers, and APCO staff, as needed.
Volunteers will receive one (1) day pass for each four (4) hour block of volunteering during the conference. Volunteers may purchase additional day passes at 50% discount. A conference shirt and breakfast and/or lunch for each day of volunteering will be provided.
The Florida Chapter will receive $100 for each FL APCO member volunteer who works a minimum of four hours. The Chapter will use this money to supplement the annual Florida APCO/NENA conference, provide training, and other costs associated with Chapter business. Non-member volunteers are also welcomed and encouraged to volunteer.
For general information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For volunteer information email us at: email@example.com
Check out the photos from the 2015 International Conference in D.C and the 2015 FL-APCO Conference in Daytona.
Are you attending the APCO International Conference in Orlando Aug 14-17, 2016?
Scan below with your smartphone to see our mobile site.
The APCO Institute's Illuminations program is growing! Illuminations provides the opportunity to obtain at-your-desk continuing education by “illuminating” a new training topic each month through an annual subscription-based service for a total of 12 topics. The program was designed to meet the immediate needs of agencies that now have state-mandated continuing education. Read all the details here.
Click here for all the info you need on becoming a Florida Certified Public Safety Telecommunicator as well as the steps needed to certify your agency's training program.
Here is the final curriculum.
NEW Classes are available in Florida. Go to the training page for information and to register.